Tuesday, February 7, 2012

HDTV Almanac - A Day Made of Glass: the Sequel

Were you one of the 17 million who have watched Corning’s “A Day Made of Glass” since it was posted last year? I know that I watched it at least a half-dozen times. And I remember thinking that it was so cool that just about all the technology required to make everything in that video happen exists today; in many cases, it’s available in shipping products.

Well, they’ve done it again. Corning has posted “A Day Made of Glass 2″. It is also an amazingly cool video, and it demonstrates even more ways that display technology can make our lives easier. Check it out:

I found plenty of moments when I smiled or laughed about some of the clever applications, but it was sort of like watching any sequel, such as “Aliens” or “The Empire Strikes Back” or even “Shreck 2″. You already know about this new world/universe, so it’s more familiar than startling. Even so, there is a lot to like in this video. For me, the augmented reality segments were particularly compelling.

Which parts impressed you the most? Write me at alfred@hdtvprofessor.com.

I write about lots of different technology stuff that I find interesting; please consider following me on Twitter: @AlfredPoor.

Posted by Alfred Poor, February 6, 2012 5:00 AM

No comments: